Friday, October 13

CBC temporary contract

It seems CBC Toronto is offering me a contract position with them til March 2007 as a media librarian (visual resources). Very cool. Just got the phone call at noon PST while I was in the middle of eating lunch. I'm still waiting to hear back from CBC Regina and CBC Calgary. Hopefully I'll hear something back by Monday before I need to give CBC Toronto an answer. I had nearly given up hope that I'd get any offers. Apparently the full-time permanent position in Toronto was filled internally and the full-time one-year contract position was filled by someone with more experience. And there was this new position that just came up ... so I think that's cool they still wanted to offer me this temp position although I don't have a lot of (er, translation, almost none) experience. However, they were very interested in my education background :D I'd love to work with CBC Toronto ... even if it only goes for a short while.

1 comment:

enitsuj said...

stick it out long enough for my visit in April hon! :) you go GIRL! :D I knew you could do it... I knew Someone would come through for you!