Well, Friday, October 20, 2006 will go down in history ... for as the MLIS convocation. Here is my family (pictured above). We're smiling because we're relieved the ceremony is over. Or maybe we're satisfied with the yummy cake we've been fed by the alumni association.
The weather was overcast, cold and rainy. It was good seeing most of the classmates. One thing they don't tell you about completing your degree ... the final test ... learning how to hold your hood properly, walking on stage the at the right speed, order and manner, and kneeling properly in order to get hooded. It was enough information overload to make us a bit nervous crossing the stage. Thankfully everyone made it safely across the stage.
Afterwards, we went over to our family friend's place to pick up some of (about half) of my stuff to move to Toronto. The next day, the family friend dropped off the rest of the stuff (as he had to go to Toronto to pick up his wife from the airport).
Moving ... and other random thoughts
This is the most disjointed move I've ever made anywhere. The good news is that I have found a place to live in a good area with reasonable rent and good location. It's located right near the subway line so I don't have to spend hours commuting to work, thankfully. I hope to learn when I can move into this new place by tomorrow. It's been a while since I've had my own private space.
As for the other two interviews, one was filled internally while the other one was filled with someone who had more experience. So, things did work out in the end.

1 comment:
hip hip hooray! you look the best in all the photos, like an angel with all that sunlight streaming in at the right angle, but that's the way it should be (you looking the best) love you much, muah!
Post a Comment