Saturday, May 27

searching for employment

magnifying glass take two

While I should be working on the two papers due next week, I am concerned about finding employment. This afternoon, I spoke with my mom about job prospects. She asked where I was looking for jobs. I replied, mostly in Canada. She asks if there are jobs in the States. I say, yes, there are lots of library jobs.

Then ...

"Why don't you apply for jobs in Texas?" she asks.

"Why on earth would I want to work in Texas," I think.

It turns out my one of my mom's best friends (and family) live there. Hmmm ... I'd rather stay in Canada to work, to be quite honest. If there is an amazing job out there in the States (or some other country), I'd go for it. I guess I'm more comfortable with working in Canada, since it's all I've really known. My mom's getting me to step outside my comfort zone. Interesting. Aren't parents usually trying to get their kids to move back to their province or city??

No comments: