Friday, April 21

Taking the plunge

hide-and-go-seek duck

Some days I feel like this little duck. I'm not sure what's going to happen, and I'm not sure I have the guts to find out. There's a saying that refers to ducks (something like adapting or adjusting to a new habit ... like ducks to water). This week, I'll be meeting with several people from the Vancouver Public Library. I'm not sure if I'm ready to take the plunge into the library work world, let alone a public library.

The public library environment does sound appealing. There's the 'jackie of all trades' element ... this is great for providing a variety of tasks (ie not get into a rut) and the patrons come from all walks of life! Maybe it would be a good idea to take the Storytelling course ... just in case. :) Maybe I'll be ready to take the plunge into the library world by the end of this summer term.

No comments: