Sunday, July 29

radio relaxation


Ah, it truly feels like a summer weekend. A relaxing weekend.

Yesterday, I hung out with a friend and her family pretty much most of the day. We explored the Farmer's Market (reminds me of Granville Island marketplace, but smaller). Afterwards, we had some great Vietnamese food. My friend, Wendy, came over to my place and we watched 15 Minutes and sipped cold water and ice tea. Then, we headed back to family's place to pick loads of rasberries and eat an amazing BBQ dinner with Korean short ribs, chicken, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, soba beans and seaweed salad. Mmmm ... my mouth is still watering ...

I managed to get motivated to clean up my place (I love my vaccuum cleaner... my latest household gadget/toy). Just listened to CBC Radio 2's Tonic on the internet ... a jazz program (what great music to unwind to on a hot Sunday afternoon).

It was a weekend of indulgence in the most simplest pleasures. Good food, good music and good company. Who could ask for anything more?

No comments: