
Funny thing is I remember telling my sister, who is also a good friend of this person who sent this gift to me, that I didn't really want to knit because it would reinforce the librarian stereotype!
I'm grateful for the gift and may try knitting again. Haven't picked up knitting needles since I was a kid. Should be interesting. Not sure what the first attempt/project will be. Perhaps a scarf would be a safe endeavour.
5 comments:
Yay! Glad to hear you got Lynn's gift safely :) She seriously is out to seek world domination by knitting! My gift for her bday is related to helping her achieve that end :) Who cares what stereotypes exist. Just do it! Did you knit before as a child? I don't remember...
Merry Christmas Flo! As you can see, I am back floating around blog-world, and seeing what you and Justine are up to. I just read her blog about knitting...and I will sum up what I told her---I am also getting back into knitting...and largely motivated by Lyn's enthusiasm. I picked up a piece of knitting I had put down two years ago...and I am now obsessed with it! I even bought a "knitting for dummies" book over the holidays and am aspiring to knit a sweater. Apparently, there's some kind of "zen" to knitting...who knows, it might be a stress reliever! ;p. I do know, however, that when I knit instead of pearl, it stresses me out after I've found it a row or two later! I AM a dweeb!
Hope you had a great Christmas...did you hear that I got engaged???
Love,
Matthea
Happy New Year Matthea and congrats on your engagement to Joash! :) I did hear through the grapevine. I may have to pick up that "knitting for dummies" too ;)
Yup, Aunt Freda taught me (and maybe you?) to knit. Only learned the basics. I know you knit because you made me a scarf! :)
Hey! I'm glad you got the gift :) and thanks for the email!
world domination by knitting. Yes. That is the master plan :)
seriously, I too (like Matthea) find it very relaxing, and I hope you'll find it somewhat relaxing too. It's also fun to talk to other knitters. They all seem like a good bunch.
Hope that your work and other activities in TO are going well! Yours, Lynn
Post a Comment