Hmmm ... buy nothing for Christmas. Justine referred me to this link on my previous post. I think it's a great idea! (no, it's not just because I don't want to fight the crowds in malls, although that is a good reason)
It does refer to some alternative gifts to give. Essentially, the most treasured gifts are those that reflect the thought and time put into it. Guess the old adage ... "it's the thought that counts" really does hold water.
1 comment:
I'm still thinking through this for what I want to do, as I don't think it's as easy as a blanket "I'm not buying anything." Where I am thinking of making exception is with certain friends whose love language is gifts. If they don't get gifts, they feel forgotten and unloved. I need to communicate my care to people in a way they'll understand. Also, Lynn knit Caleb (Peggy and Corey's little one) a little teddy bear and you should have seen how his face positively lit up with delight! It was such a cute sight to behold little Caleb in the joy of receiving...
Post a Comment