Wednesday, September 20

Facts for thought

Here's a blog with some really eye-opening facts about the world. Actually, these facts are condensed from the book 50 Facts that should change the world by Jessica Williams, a British television producer/journalist. (I stumbled upon this book on former classmate's blog)

Update on work and other stuff

The website project I've been working on with my sister is now complete (pretty much). It's good to be done. So to celebrate, we're celebrating with some fine dining and an evening at the Vancouver Theatre Sports for some laughs. This set is mocks the American television series "So You Think You Can Dance" (It's called "So You Think You Can Improvise").

Last night, my sister and I visited her former roommate (and a fellow former Regina person). She happened to move into the same building my sister lives. What a small world. We had a great time catching up. The irony is that even though she lives only two floors above us, we can't just go up on the elevator to drop by. These new condos have this system in which you can only go the floor you live or the garage level (where you can dispose of your recyclables and garbage). I realize security is important, but this extreme of security is hindering from any real community from forming within a condo building -- ok, I'll get off my soapbox now :) ).

As for the job front, I'm still applying for positions in Vancouver, Regina (only one or two), Ottawa and Toronto. Today, I noticed there were two positings with CBC Radio Archives (wow, my dream job ... or so I think) in Toronto. *drool*

C'est tout!

Oh yea, I just found out I have an interview with CBC Regina Thurs., Sept. 28 at 7:30 a.m.!

2 comments:

enitsuj said...

too bad about your sister's punctuality (or lack of) that made us miss the improv show :( oh well on a rainy gloomy day might as well crawl back to bed at home...

photo_fanatic said...

don't worry about it ... maybe another night :) hopefully it won't be so rainy!