Sunday, June 4

Taking in nature's beauty

London's nickname is "The Forest City" -- and it's very aptly named. There's a historic homestead located nearby where I live. A friend of mine took me there for a walk. It was very serene and ... beautiful. I hope to capture some of this hidden gem and post it on my flickr site.

A few days ago, I was coming back from running errands. I walked along one of the bridges nearby the Thames River when I spotted a young deer taking a cool drink and eating some tree leaves. I stopped and stared at the deer, amazed at how close it was. Later, on my way to campus (for class), I saw a chipmunk! Very cute. Wish I had a camera there and then to capture it. I've never seen a live chipmunk in London (lots of squirrels and groundhogs, though).

Thankfully the past few days have cooled off a bit ... it was roasting last week (including humidex). It's not even officially summer, yet ...

No comments: